1. Why is it important to protect the natural environment?
2. What environmental problems are common in your country?
3. What can the government in your country do to deal with those problems?
4. What technological innovations should the world develop to protect the environment?
5. Do you think the youth these days care about the environment? Why?
6. Environmental problems are too big to be dealt at the individual level? Do you agree? Why/ Why not?
1. Is family important in your country?
2. How has the size of the family changed in the last few decades in your country?
3. How do you think the family will change in the future?
4. What role do grandparents play in the family in your country?
5. Who do you think should be responsible for the care of the elderly, the family or the government?
6. Why is the number of joint families decreasing in modern time?
1.Why are some sports fans so passionate?
2. Is there any violence at sporting events in your country?
3. Should athletes be better role models?
4. What benefits do international sporting events bring?
5. Is it important for a country to win lots of medals?
6. The money professional sportsmen earn is significantly higher than that the earning of other professionals. Is it justified?
1.What types of leisure activities are popular in your country?
2.Why it is important for people to have time for leisure activities?
3.Why are some activities more popular than others?
4.Are the types of leisure activities that are popular today the same as those that were popular when your parents were young?
1.How do people in your country feel about protecting historic buildings?
2. Do you think an area can benefit from having an interesting historic place locally? In what way?
3. What do you think will happen to historic places or buildings in the future? Why?
4. How were you taught history when you were at school?
5. Are there other ways people can learn about history, apart from at school? How?
6. Do you think history will still be a school subject in the future? Why?
1. Do you think people are born to be leaders?
2. Can leadership skills be taught?
3. Why are elected politicians often so unpopular?
4. What should a leader do to remain popular?
5. Do you think unelected heads of state are a good idea?
6. In your opinion what qualities a political leader should have?
1. Do you think the cinema has increased or decreased in popularity in recent years?
2. In your opinion, will this trend continue in the future?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of making films of real-life events?
4. How important do you think it is for a filmmaker to remain true to the original story?
5. Should films and television be censored or should we be free to choose what we see?
6. How do you think censorship laws will change in the next 20 years?
1.Tell me about the types of food that people eat in your country.
2.How are the eating habits now in your country different from eating habits in the past?
3.How healthy is your country’s food?
4.Why do you think different cultures have different table manners?
5.How may eating habits change in coming decades?
1.What types of programmes do you find funny on TV?
2. What types of programmes are most popular in your country? Why do you think this is the case?
3. What kind of things make you laugh? Why?
4. Do you like to make people laugh? How?
5. Do you think it is important to have a sense of humour?
1Do you agree that we learn best from our mistakes?
2. What’s the best way to gain experience in life?
3. Can we gain life experience from books and movies?
4. Which is more important, experience or potential?
5. What experience do you wish you had gained?
6. Why do some people fail to learn from their experience?
1.How are education priorities today different from those in the past?
2.What is your opinion on the way languages are taught in schools?
3.How can the type of school you go to affect career success?
4.What changes do you think will happen in the classroom in the near future?
5. Is higher education too expensive in your country?
6. Should all students pay for their university education? Why?
7. What advantages do universities bring to the society? Is it the same in your country?
8. Which is more important, research or teaching? Why?
9. How should students spend their summer vacations? How do/did you spend it?
10. What are the advantages of private universities than public universities?
1.Is water pollution a problem in your country?
2.What are some of the causes of water pollution?
3.What can individuals do to try and ensure water is kept clean?
4Do you think problems with the cleanliness of water will improve in the future?
1.How easy is it to travel around your country?
2. Which method of travel do you consider safest? Why?
3. Has travel become safer in recent years than that was in the past?
4. What are the pros and cons of low-cost air travel?
5. How do you think people will travel in the future?
6. Should the government in a country focus more on rail transports or road transports? Why?
1. How popular is watching television in your country?
2. Tell me about the types of programmes that are generally on television in your country.
3. Why do people like watching television?
4. Which one do you is better - state or private television? Why?
5. What effects can watching television have on children?
6. How the TV programmes differ now than that of 10 years ago?
1. Do you generally read a lot of books or do you prefer watching TV? Why?
2. What kind of books are considered good reads in your opinion?
3. Do you think that people read nowadays as they did in the past?
4. Do you regard famous writers as good role models?
5. If a movie is based on a book, would you prefer to read the book or to watch the film? Why?
6. How our reading habit changes as we grow up? Why does it happen?
1. How do most people get their news in your country?
2. How do you think people will get their news in the future?
3. Do you believe everything you read in the newspapers?
4. How has TV changed people's lives?
5. What do you think of children watching TV?
6. How has social media changed the way we get and share the news?
1. Do most people have a computer at home in your country? What do most people use it for?
2. Do you think all the information on the internet is true?
3. How can people find reliable information on the internet?
4. How has the internet changed the way we live?
5. How has the internet changed the way we work?
6. Do you think the internet is safe for children to use unsupervised?
1. What types of websites are popular among your generation?
2. Is using the internet a social or solitary activity?
3. How has the internet changed social behavior?
4. Should companies check job applicants’ online profiles?
5. What will be the next big development online?
6. How has the internet changed the way we communicate with others?
1. Describe the general purpose of art. Why do people enjoy art?
2. Do you think that art is as important as academic subjects when it comes to educating children?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of art education?
4. Why do you think some people enjoy looking at paintings and sculptures and others do not?
5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being an artist?
6. Do you think that some people are naturally better artists than others?
1. Tell me about the types of food that people eat in your country.
2. How are the eating habits now in your country different from eating habits in the past?
3. How healthy is your country’s food?
4. Why do you think different cultures have different table manners?
5. How may eating habits change in coming decades?
6. What one aspect of a foreign tradition you like about their eating habits? Why?
1. Do you think job satisfaction is more important than salary when choosing a job?
2. What skills do you think are needed to get a good job these days?
3. Do you think women should be able to do all the same jobs that men do?
4. How has technology changed the way we work?
5. What is the difference between white collar and blue collar jobs?
6. What jobs do you think are most valuable to society?
1. How do most people travel long distances in your country?
2. Have the types of transport people use changed much over the last few decades?
3. What kind of improvement have there been in transport in your country in recent years?
4. Do you think transport is likely to continue to improve in the future?
5. Do you think most people should use public transports? Why/ why not?
6. Why some countries impose higher taxes on car ownership? How is the scenario in your country?
1. Do you think that famous people are generally happier than ordinary people?
2. What qualities does a person need to have in order to be famous?
3. Is it easier or more difficult to achieve fame today than in your grandparents’ time?
4. Describe the ways that famous people influence the public.
5. Do you think more is expected from famous people than ordinary citizens?
6. What type of people become famous in your country? Do you want to be famous?
1. Why do you think people go on holiday?
2. How important is it for families to go on holiday together?
3. Why do some people go on holiday alone?
4. What kind of holidays will be popular in the future?
5. Is it better to take a holiday in your own country or in a foreign country? Why?
6. What problems can people have on holiday in a foreign country?
1. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of modern technology.
2. In what ways has technology changed your society?
3. How has technology changed the way we communicate?
4. How has technology changed the nature of long-distance relationships?
5. What are the limitations of technology when it comes to interpersonal relationships?
6. How could technology be considered a hindrance for us? Can we overcome it?
1. Why do some people find it hard to make decisions?
2. How important is it to get advice from other people when making decisions?
3. Why is it sometimes difficult to accept advice?
4. What are some of the most important decisions young people have to make?
5. Do you agree that parents should make important decisions for their children?
6. Is it better to make a decision thinking about what you want or thinking about what other people want?
1. Which types of people become role models in your society?
2. Do you agree that famous people have more responsibilities than ordinary people?
3. What happens when young people lack good role models?
4. What standards of behavior should teachers set?
5. Do you agree that you should never meet your heroes?
6. What benefits a famous person get that ordinary people cannot?
1. What makes a good student?
2. What role should the teacher have in the classroom?
3. Do you think computers will one day replace teachers in the classroom?
4. How has teaching changed in your country in the last few decades?
5. What is the difference between the way children learn and the way adults learn?
6. How can a teacher make lessons for children more interesting?
1. What are the main environmental problems in your country?
2. Why should people be concerned about the environment?
3. How can people protect the environment?
4. Do you think money should be spent on protecting animals?
5. Do you think more should be done to protect natural beauty spots in your country?
6. What can a government do to encourage people not to harm the environment?
1. What type of people influence the young in your country?
2. Why is it important to have role models?
3. Do you think the education system in your country influences young people’s behavior?
4. What type of person (parents, teachers, friends etc) are best to influence young people’s behavior?
5. What do you think young people will be most influenced by it the future?
6. Who do you believe have more influence on young children - parents or teachers? Why?
1. What is the purpose of gift giving?
2. How has gift giving changed since your grandparents’ time?
3. How important is gift giving in a relationship?
4. What is more important when it comes to giving a gift, cost or effort?
5. Do you think that people have become more materialistic when it comes to giving gifts, as compared to your grandparents’ time?
6. How has modern technology changed the nature of gift giving?
1.Is it easy to take good photographs?
2. What are the pros and cons of digital photography?
3. Should people share their photographs online?
4. When can an image be worth a thousand words?
5. Is a photograph a reliable form of identification?
6. Is it necessary to take a course to become a good photographer?
1.At what age should people retire from work?
2. What problems can people face after their retirement?
3. How important are retirees to your country’s economy?
4. When should you start saving for retirement?
5. Why do some companies encourage early retirement?
6. Do you think the state should take responsibility of retirees who worked in private companies rather than government organization?